The Exam Pattern will be as Follows:
- The Exam Will be Written Objective Type with 100 Question/Marks.
- The Time Duration for the Exam Will be 02 Hours.
- There Will be a Negative Marking of 1/3 Marks.
- The Minimum Qualifying Marks Shall be 40% of Total Marks of the Examination.
- The Standard of Paper Will be Bachelor’s Degree Level.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Questions / Max. Marks|
|Part- A||General Knowledge||30|
|Part- B||Statistics, Economics & Mathematics||70|
The Exam Syllabus will be as Follows:
- Geography, Natural Recourses and Socio- Economic Development of Rajasthan: Major physiographic divisions of Rajasthan, Vegetation and Soil, Natural Resources – Minerals, Forest, Water, Livestock, Wild Life and its Conservation, Environmental Conservation, major Irrigation Projects, Handicrafts, Development Programmes and Schemes of the State Government, Various Resources of power and Population in Rajasthan.
- History, Culture and Heritage of Rajasthan: History of Rajasthan, Famous Historical & Cultural Places of Rajasthan, Folk Literature, Folk Art, Folk Drama, Lok Devian-Devata, Folk Music and Dance, Fairs & Festivals, Customs, Jewellery, Famous Forts, Temples and Hawelies, Saints of Rajasthan, Paintings- various schools in Rajasthan, Major tourist centres and Heritage Conservation.
- Current Events and Issues of Rajasthan and India, major development in the field of Information Technology & Communication.
Statistics, Economics and Mathematics
- Collection, Classification, Tabulation and Diagrammatic Presentation of data. Measures of Central Tendency, Dispersion, Moments.
- Correlation and Regression: Correlation and its coefficients, Linear Regression.
- Design of Sample Survey: Sampling Unit, Sampling frame, Sampling fraction, Sampling with and without replacement, Population Parameter and Sample estimator, Simple random sampling, stratified random sampling, systematic sampling, cluster sampling.
- Time Series Analysis: Components, Measurements of Trend, Seasonal, Cyclical and irregular variations.
- Index Number: Uses, types and limitations of index numbers, construction of index numbers, simple and weighted aggregate method, Simple and weighted average price-relatives, Chain base index numbers, Base shifting, Cost of Living index numbers.
- Vital Statistics: Collection of vital statistics-Measures of Mortality and Fertility rates, Population growth.
- Statistical System & Statistical Organization in India & Rajasthan: System of National Accounting (SNA), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoS&PI), Central Statistical Office (CSO), National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO), Registrar General of India (RGI), NITI AYOG, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Directorate Economics & Statistics, Rajasthan (DES).
- Economic Concepts: Law of Demand and Supply, Concept of elasticity, Demand forcasting, Price determination under different markets, National Income, Economic Growth and Planning, Inflation, Money, Banking and Financial Inclusion .
- Economy of Rajasthan: Agriculture, Industry, Livestock, Infrastructure Development, Public Finance, State Income, Poverty, Unemployment and Human Development.
- Elementary Mathematics: Decimal fraction, percentage, Rates & ratio, Averages, Simple and compound interest, Square roots.
- Basics of Computer: MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point Presentation, Basic Knowledge of Internet.